Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Night 1

After leaving, we drove approximately 30 miles to Cleveland, TN, where we stopped at Sonic to pick up dinner. Since there were four of us, we had some separate orders. I'm driving at the point, so I'm really watching the time. I am usually a very patient person, especially with people that work in the food service industry. I've been there before and I understand what it's like. However, when you have 3 separate orders, something is bound to be wrong.

For whatever reason, it's always Shane's food that gets messed up. I knew as soon as I had to repeat his order 3 times, that there would be a problem. When they did bring the food out, everyone's orders were right, except for his sandwich. So, then I had to call them back out and have them make a new one which took another 10 minutes.

At this point, I'm just trying to let it go. Repeating in my head that it will be fine...Now we are 1 hour and 15 minutes behind schedule. We leave Cleveland and I drove to Roanoke, VA where we stopped for gas, to stretch and use the bathroom. We didn't run into any traffic problems so by the time Aerin got behind the wheel, we were back on schedule.

Aerin drove fro Roanoke to Newark, DE where we checked in for the shortest hotel stay I've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment