Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 4

Shane and I woke early on our last full day of vacation. We had a few things to do that morning and were on a tight schedule.

Since we didn't get into the city until later on Saturday, we had to move one stop to Sunday morning. So, Shane and I headed out to the subway to catch a train to Brooklyn. We missed the first train by seconds, and had to walk to another stop. This took us right by Ground Zero. I wish I had taken the time to snap a couple pictures, but we were in a hurry to catch the next train.

We finally made it across to Brooklyn to go to The Bagel Store. Groupon #7, come on down! We got a dozen bagels and a pound of cream cheese. OH MY GOODNESS!!! Real, hand rolled bagels! Nothing better!

We then headed back to the hotel, to get ready for brunch. We met up with Shane's family and made our way to Via Dei Mille in SoHo for an awesome brunch. Groupon #8 did not fail us. By this time, everyone was having a good laugh about my groupons and all the places we were going...but by the end of the meal, I made a believer out of my mother-in-law. She said when they come to visit us next, she will be purchasing Groupons to use! Ha!

After having our fill, we walked to Greenwich Village to go to La Petite Coquette. This Groupon was probably the best overall money saver out of all of them. It was so nice to be able to shop here. Without Groupon #9, I probably wouldn't have been able to afford even a fraction of what I purchased....stay tuned to see the numbers in the Groupon post!

Since the girls had school the next day, we left the city to get them back home and then drove my car back. Shane and I did a quick change of clothes and then it was back out to Times Sqare for more shopping! We went in so many stores, didn't get to purchase something in all of them, but we did catch some really good sales. I got Caylie a jacket from the Disney Store and a yo-yo from Toys-R-Us. Shane got a shirt from Aeropostale and I got a jacket from there. I also got a few small things from American Eagle.

I was able to do something I had always heard so much about, but was a bit leary of...I ate a hod dog from street vendor. Not just any hot dog. A Sabrett! Such yummy goodness! Probably the BEST hot dog I've ever eaten. Just a forewarning though, for a foot long and a 20 oz soda, it cost $10. Well worth it!

Shane and walked for a long time after that, just taking in the city. We finally jumped onto the subway after walking close to 30 blocks. We then arrived back in the Village to have dinner at ZPizza. Groupon #10 did not let us down. It's all organic food and so fresh! We each got a small pizza and a salad to split. Of course, we couldn't finish it and had to take some back to the hotel.

When we arrived back at the hotel, it was time to start packing. Shane and I made sure to take care of as much as possible that night because we would be leaving around 3:30 am. I ended up finishing the salad and some more pizza before I finally fell asleep around 2:30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment