Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 5...we say goodbye

So, it had arrived. Too soon, of course. The dreaded day we had to return home and back to reality.

I had just drifted off to sleep when the alarm began buzzing to get up. 3 am...dang you.

So, back to yesterday. Aerin and Justin went off on thier own way to meet up with Aerin's friend Ann who lives in NYC. They spent the whole day out on thier own...you have to let them fly sometime... :)

So, I sent Aerin several text messages about what time we would be leaving so that I knew she'd be back in time. 3:09 am, she and Justin walk into the hotel room. Gotta love 'em.

We made it out by 4 am, which was only 30 mins later than I wanted to. There wasn't a whole lot of traffic out at that time of the day, so we made good time getting out of the city and through NJ. I took over around the time we were getting to DE. One of my best friends had just moved that weekend to Glen Burnie, MD and we were going to stop to see her and tour Washington, DC on our way back.

We picked up Jennefer around 8 am and drove into DC. DC is a funny place. We decided to just drive around instead of parking and getting out and about. Apparently, you can't drive within a couple of blocks of the white house. I did not know this until that day, then again, I've never been to DC before. So, we drove in circles, partly because of my lack of knowledge on where we were going and also due to a lack of sleep.

Around 11 we dropped Jennefer back off and said our goodbyes. (I do miss her a lot!) and then it was back on the road to get home.

We made a stop as we got into VA to get some food and gas. Aerin took over driving. She made it all the way to Roanoke where we stopped again for gas and a stretch. She decided that she wanted to continue driving and we were able to make it all the way home by 9 pm.

It was a lot to do in such a short trip, but I don't think I would've had it any other way. We had great friends with us, did some amazing things, and all-in-all, the trip was a huge success!

No comments:

Post a Comment