Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Time to finish planning...

Ok, I've waited long enough. It's been touch and go the last couple of weeks with our trip planning. Not knowing when certain events would be and also not knowing how much money would be available to spend.

We are within two weeks of departing for our adventure and I haven't mapped or planned out a single stop. I think after admitting that, my brain is actually going to explode!

So, here I am, 12 days til we leave, finally getting the plans together. I have my Groupons already printed and in the travel folder. I have started the packing lists. I've set up someone to grab our newspapers ( I will be very ill if someone steals my coupons!). And appointments are set to get everything in order.

I am still debating on if we will need to stop at a hotel on the way. I'm really not sure how well Caylie can handle driving 13 hours straight and it would be nice to have a break to rest. However, doing the calculations, it will cost us anywhere from $38-$44 to stay 1 night in a hotel. That will include breakfast, but still. That's a lot of money to spend on a hotel when we could just drive straight through and spend $10 on breakfast. I know what my options are and where the hotels are located, but I may wait to make a reservation until closer to time. I had hoped that maybe 1 other person would come with us on the trip so it would take some of the pressures of driving off of myself and Shane. So far, I haven't had any takers...you'd think people would jump at the oppurtunity.

So, now, here I sit...with a general outline of the places we are supposed to be and things we intend to do. Somehow, I will make sense of it all...

No comments:

Post a Comment