Thursday, June 16, 2011

Good things come to those who wait...

Tuesday night Shane and I were going over the itinerary, basically covering everything another time to make sure that we both had an idea of what was going on. There were a couple of stops on the trip that he was a bit concerned about. He was sure if we would be able to afford everything I had planned.

Now, he knows how much of a bargain shopper I am, so he knew that I had purchased several Groupons for the trip. The ones that were sending up the red flags to him were the stops that we did not have a Groupon for. These were places we went to on our last trip and I wanted to revisit them. They are also places that I had a Groupon for on the last trip. I assured him that everything was budgeted and we would be fine.

The first place was a wine and liquor store that I really liked the owner. He even found my youtube page and commented on the video of us talking about his store. That to me, guarantees return business...plus, I really liked the wine I bought and I can't remember what it was...

The second place was to go ice skating. Now, we looked at several rinks all over Northern Jersey and NYC. The place I have planned to go is the all around cheapest, plus we know we like the rink and they have walkers available and a small area set aside for little kids. This is very important to me if we are going ice skating because it will be Caylie's first time and my second time. I want to make sure she'll be ok and that I don't fall. :)

And since we are going to this particular place to ice skate, the third place was a no brainer for me! There was one restaurant that we went to on our last trip that was just AMAZING. We are still talking about it and were practically dying to get back. The thing is, it's not the cheapest place. I mean, there certainly is NOT a dollar menu. Shane was the most concerned about this, but I told him we would go for lunch instead of dinner and that would help out with the cost. We were slightly disappointed because some of our favorite items were not available on the lunch menu, but we were still going to go regardless and pay full price.

I am a bargain shopper by nature. I do love coupons. I love thrift stores. The main reason I do this though, is so when it comes time to do something that we want to do and we DON'T have access to a discount, we are able to. There are certain things that I don't sacrifice on and others that I do. This restaurant, I would spend practically any price to eat there.

So, yesterday, I was talking to the ladies I work with about how great this place is and how much we are looking forward to eating there again. About 20 minutes later, I looked at my facebook feed and saw that the restaurant's fan page had posted there was a DEAL AVAILABLE!!! What's that you say? Did my eyes get wide and mouth drop open? Did I do the dance of joy? YOU BET I DID! One of the local online deal sites had a HALF OFF deal for dinner only and it didn't expire until 12/31/11! Even better, YOU COULD BUY MORE THAN ONE!!! Did I die and go to heaven? So, of course, I bought 2! One for this trip and one for our trip back at Christmas. YAYAYAYAYAY!  SOOOO excited! This is proof that good things really do come to those who wait, and pay attention.

Yesterday, the greatest thing happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment