Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Surprise!

So, I found out from my mother-in-law yesterday that we may be able to see my youngest sister-in-law graduate from middle school while we are in NJ as well. YAY! When we made our original plans, we were only going to be there for 4 days and would miss Brooke's graduation. Now, since we are staying for a whole week, we will be able to see both Brooke and Melissa graduate!

Also, my ex reminded me the other day that I had concert tickets for this coming Sunday in Birmingham. I had completely forgotten and so had Shane. It's times like these that I'm glad I send him all the dates he needs to keep Caylie, otherwise, we likely would've missed the concert.

After being reminded and thinking about our upcoming trip to NJ, I really have been wanting to do a weekend getaway for a while now. I checked for a hotel in Birmingham, but nothing is available at my rates....so I looked a bit further down. I was amazed at the rate I found at a hotel in Destin, FL. So, after much discussion, I finally won! We will be driving to Destin Friday after work, spend the day there Saturday. Then we'll go back upstate to Montgomery to stay Saturday night. Sunday, we'll drive into Birmingham to spend the day there and go to the concert at 6. YAY! Mini-vaca!

No comments:

Post a Comment