Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Change of plans..

So, we got the approval yesterday to change our vacation plans. Instead of going for just 4 days, we are actually able to take the entire week off.

This is major for us because Shane and I have never had a whole week off together, unless you count the wedding, which I say doesn't count because we were so busy and stressed. In addition to that, since we are taking a full week, we will be able to take Caylie with us. This is the biggest thing because we haven't really been able to take Caylie on vacation before either. Sure, we've done the quick weekend trips to the lake or visit family, but this is a REAL vacation!

I'm not really certain how well Caylie will do on this trip since it is so far to drive. The plans as of now are to leave Sunday night when we get her back from her dad and drive halfway. We'll find somewhere along the route to stay the night (hopefully at my super cheap employee rate) and drive the rest of the way on Monday. I think that splitting up the trip this way will really help Caylie plus it will allow us to rest some. It's not extremely hard for us to drive it straight, but it would be nice to enjoy the time we have there on Monday too.

As I mentioned before, we are staying at my mother-in-law's lake house, so no worries about hotel fare while we are in NJ. It will be nice to relax there on the lake. I also think we will plan a day to go down to the shore. Caylie has never been to the beach and I would really like to take her to see the ocean. The shore is so nice up there (at least the parts that I've been to).

So, now to plan a 1600+mile round trip with a 4 year old. Figure out what we want to do while we are there and is it copacetic with her being there....should be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment